Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wagah ka kutta


Gaur se dekhiye iss kutte ko! Kya yeh Pakistani hai ya Hindustani

Ha ha! Nobody can say until I tell you.

I met this dog at the Wagah border, seconds after I crossed over to Pakistan from India. For some reason I clicked his picture...may be because I was too much under the influence of Manto's Tetwal ka kutta.

I found this picture in my archives and dug it out to write about it. After 6 years destiny again puts me enroute Lahore as I have moved on from Tetwal ka kutta to Akhiri salute now.

Meanwhile, I have gone on the Sufi track. Interestingly that track also started with a dog...Mere Shehnshah...mainu kutteyan ch rakh lai....a song I heard for the first time at the dargah of Nau Gajah Peer near Ambala.

Dont have anything else to say.



No comments:

Post a Comment